Nobel prize is a set of international awards presented to people for outstanding contributions in the field of cultural, academic, and scientific advances. These sets of awards are presented by the Swedish and Norweigan institutions. It was first awarded in 1901.
The various fields of recognition are:
- Economic Sciences
The set of communities associated with the awards presentation are:
- Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute (Physiology or Medicine)
- Norwegian Nobel Committee (Peace)
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (Chemistry, Economic Sciences, Physics)
- Swedish Academy (Literature)
Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian to receive a Nobel Prize in the year 1913 for Literature. Post that, many eminent personalities have been listed as Nobel Prize winners from India.
List of Indian Nobel Prize Laureates
The list of Indian Nobel Laureates is given below:
|C. V Raman||Physics||1930|
|Amartya Sen||Economic Sciences||1998|
Born in India but Different Citizenship
|Har Gobind Khorana||Physiology/Medicine||1968||United States|
|Subrahmanyam Chandrasekhar||Physics||1983||United States|
|Venkatraman Ramakrishnan||Chemistry||2009||United Kingdom
|Abhijit Banerjee||Economic Sciences||2019||United States|
Indian Residents at the time of being awarded & Non-Indian Citizenship
|Ronald Ross||Physiology/Medicine||1902||United Kingdom|
|Rudyard Kipling||Literature||1907||United Kingdom|
|Tenzing Gyatso (14th Dalai Lama)||Peace||1989||Tibet|
Facts of Nobel Prize
- Marie Curie is the first woman to receive the prize in the field of Physics.
- Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian to receive this prize.
- C V Raman received in Physics.
- Mother Theresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Amartya Sen was honored with Prize in Economics.
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan received in Chemistry.
- Har Gobind Khorana received in Physiology or Medicine.