E-marketing is a process of planning and executing the conception, distribution, promotion, and pricing of products and services in a computerized, networked, Internet or World Wide Web. It has two distinct advantages over traditional marketing. It provides customers with more convenience and more competitive prices, and it enables businesses to reduce operational costs. It also known as Internet Marketing, Web Marketing, Digital Marketing, or Online Marketing.
Advantages of E-marketing
- Much better return on investment from than that of traditional marketing
- It reduced marketing campaign cost as the marketing is done through the internet
- Easy monitoring through the web tracking capabilities
- Using Internet Marketing, viral content can be made, which helps in viral marketing.
- It provides “24/7” service to its users.
- Online marketing provides more and best products at one platform.
- Costumer can easily choose a better things from more opportunities.
Disadvantages of E-Marketing
- It is some what expensive process.
- Some people prefer the live demo when they buy any product. And if your company has a small business with one location, this may also deter customers from buying who lives on long distances.
- Your company should have updated information on your site. This requires research and skills and thus timing of updates is also critical.
- Many visitors of your business web site will not want to use their credit card to make a purchase. So there is a fear in the minds of your visitors of having their credit card info stolen.
Types of E-marketing
- (SEO) Search engine optimization.
- (SEM) Search engine marketing.
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC).
- Content marketing.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM).
- Affiliate marketing.
- Email marketing.