Human Life Cycle has comprised several stages. They are Fetus, Baby, Child, Adolescent, adult, and Old person. Life starts with the prenatal stage where fertilization takes place and fetal development occurs inside a mother and then ends with the death of human beings. Therefore, old age is the final stage of the life cycle and death is the end of the human life cycle.
- Foetus Stage: It is a creature called a zygote with the fusion of an egg from the mother and a sperm from the father. A zygote looks like a bundle of cells that divides rapidly and turns into an embryo after about 2-4 weeks inside the mother’s womb. It takes about 8 weeks for the embryo to turn into a human body shape and it is called the fetus.
- Baby: After nine months in the mother’s womb, a baby is born. Babies under 1 year of age are called infants and are fed on mother’s milk. Newborn babies can suck, breathe, swallow and cry when they feel hungry/cold/hot or any other uncomfortable situation. This is the way of expressing themselves as they cannot talk at this stage.
- Childhood: Here, the child ages from three to six years of age and is crawling for mobility. In this stage, the child crawls and eventually learns to walk, talk, eat independently, and become more aware of their surroundings. The child is more social and active during this period and intrigued to learn new things.
- Adolescence: It starts from the age of 13 years and continues up to 19 years of age. Many hormonal changes in the body take place that appears externally too. Some of the changes taking place in boys and girls include turning taller, heavier, and stronger, getting hair under arms, on arms and legs and around genitals, oily skin, and more sweating. Boys’ specific changes are deep and rough voice, hair on the face, broader chests, shoulders, and muscles, and girls’ include the development of breasts, bigger hips, and the start of the menstruation cycle. This stage is difficult to manage for parents as there are behavioral and attitudinal changes in teenagers and they find more comfortable in being independent in their day-to-day activities.
- Adulthood: This stage comprises people who fall in the range of ages between 20 -65 years and they are called adults. This is the right age for the process of reproduction and making babies. Adults can be young adults i.e. 20-36 years, middle-aged adults i.e. 36-55 years, and older adults i.e. 55-65 years.
- Middle age: The period of adulthood that starts from 30 to 50 years of age.
- Elderly: The average life expectancy of a person can range from 70-85 years. It also depends on the overall health and fitness of a person. The healthier a person is, their life expectancy is more.
- Old age: When a human being reaches 60 or 65 years of age, they are called old people. During this stage, the intestine absorbs fewer nutrients from food sources. The physical capabilities of doing tasks are also reduced and they again depend on external support to do things. The average life expectancy of human beings varies from 70 to 85 years. But this also changes depending on their lifestyle.
- Death: Finally Every human being should die. Here every person’s life ends with death. It may be from nature, accidents, etc. It is the final stage of the human life cycle.