Sex and sexuality are a part of human life. It can be about intimacy and pleasure. Sexual activity, penile-vaginal intercourse (PVI), or masturbation, can offer many surprising benefits to all facets of your life:
Sexual health is more than avoiding diseases and unplanned pregnancies. It’s also about recognizing that sex can be an important part of your life, according to the American Sexual Health Association.
This study suggests that it can be a good cardiovascular exercise trusted Source in younger men and women. Though lovemaking isn’t enough exercise on its own, it can be considered light exercise.
Benefits of sex include
- Lowering blood pressure
- Burning calories
- Increasing heart health
- Strengthening muscles
- Reducing your risk of heart disease, stroke, and hypertension
- Increasing libido
People with active copulation lives tend to exercise more frequently and have better dietary habits than those who are less sexually active. Physical fitness may also improve sexual performance overall.
What are Sexual Activities
the following activities and more:
- vaginal sex
- anal sex
- any sexual touching
- oral sex
- exposing your body to another person
What is Sexual Orientation?
Sexual orientation is the emotional, romantic, or sexual attraction that a person feels toward another person. There are several types of sexual orientation; for example:
- Heterosexual. People who are heterosexual are romantically and physically attracted to members of the opposite sex: Heterosexual males are attracted to females, and heterosexual females are attracted to males. Heterosexuals are sometimes called “straight.”
- Homosexual. People who are homosexual are romantically and physically attracted to people of the same sex: Females who are attracted to other females are lesbian; males who are attracted to other males are often known as gay.
- Bisexual. People who are bisexual are romantically and physically attracted to members of both sexes.
- Asexual. People who are asexual may not be interested in sex, but they still feel emotionally close to other people.