SAP Software was Founded in 1972 by Wellenreuther, Hopp, Hector, Plattner and Tschira. SAP stands for Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. It consists of a number of fully integrated modules, which covers virtually every aspect of the business management. Competitive products of SAP Software in the market are Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics etc.
Advantages of Systems Applications and Products
- Duplication of data is absent in Systems Applications and Products Technology.
- It makes standardized business processes convenient, quick and easy to use.
- Made scheduling, planning, management, tracking of different processes much easier than before.
- It allows for integration with e-commerce capabilities.
- It provides consistency across different divisions of business operations/ processes.
Systems Applications and Products, ERP software has different main modules, which are separated into Functional modules and technical modules.
Functional modules include:
- Human Capital Management.
- Production Planning.
- Materials Management.
- Project System.
- Sales and Distribution.
- Plant Maintenance.
- Financial Accounting.
- Quality Management.
Technical modules include:
- SAP NetWeaver.
- IS (Information Systems) Management.
- XI (Exchange Infrastructure)
- Business Intelligence. (BI)
- Business Warehouse. (BW)
- SAP HANA
It also has industry-specific applications that support business processes unique to a particular industry. Some of these applications are:
- Systems Applications and Products for Utilities.
- Systems Applications and Products for Insurance.
- Systems Applications and Products for Oil and Gas.
- Systems Applications and Products Healthcare.